Sunday, June 26, 2016

Is there a problem?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I view what the world is doing, often I can't understand what they say or do.

Once when I was in France, it was so peaceful.  I was sitting on a park bench and people passed by me, they were talking, I was in such peace.

Then I realized:  The reason I'm in such peace is they are speaking French and I can't understand what they are saying.

As we pass through this world, it is like we are momentary observers, not that we are part of them for we can't understand them.

Last night, I glanced at CNN.  There was some kind of big crisis "maybe".  Even the newscasters were saying, "Are we making more to do of this than is real?"  The stock market fell over 600 points and I listened to see what happen.  It was something in England, a vote to leave "Europe"?  Although I listened, I couldn't understand the problem.  Then the politicians began giving their opinion and I couldn't understand them either.  They may as well have been speaking in French which I can't understand either.  I turned the crisis off.

Today I was reading Bible.

I Jn. 2 ...24 ... Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

I began consider what it was that I had heard "from the beginning."  What it is that I know.

I know that Jesus died for our sins and was raised by God and is now seated at the right hand of God.

Jesus will return for us.  The dead in Christ will rise first.  (I Thess. 4) Then those who are alive will be changed instantly and rise to be with them. (I Cor. 15)

We are just waiting to be taken out.

I Jn. 2
25 And this is the promise that HE hath promised us, even eternal life.

While we wait, Paul said to Timothy, give yourself to "reading to exhortation to doctrine".  I consider that is what we also should do while we wait.

To reading:  Reading Bible

To exhorting:  Sharing truth from God with those around us ... exhort:  to urge earnestly by advice or warning.  

At some point, this present heaven and earth will pass away.  It will not be destroyed by man but by God.  

You are 78?  You should not be concerned over stock market or by thieves on this earth.  You should be concerned over your own soul.  For soon you will die and depart from this earth.  It will not matter.  Your soul will matter for all eternity where there is no end of time.

Exhortation from Bible, from truth from God as you cross paths with those concerned about this world.  (Give yourselves to this ... sharing truths from God.)

To doctrine:  Examining your doctrines by the New Testament by Holy Spirit guide from scripture to scripture.  Rereading about adultery which the world and most churches discount now.  Restoring your own thinking over and over to Bible.  Rereading about homosexuals, what Bible says.  Keeping God's truth before you for that is truth.