Thursday, March 28, 2013

Worshipping God in the Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jn. 4 ... The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.


After we are born again, we receive the Spirit of God and are sealed by the Spirit of God as earnest for proof of our belonging to God.  Eph. 1

By the Spirit of God that is in us we are able to worship God in the Spirit

Recently I found myself feeling exalted because of some secular knowledge which I had acquired.  Those around me didn't have this same secular knowledge so that exalted me even more.  As I was in the midst of this, I was reminded of a scripture ... Knowledge puffs up ... Charity edifies.  I Cor. 8:1  "OH,"  I said ... and I corrected my way to fit this scripture.

This is what it means to be led by the Spirit ....

It is so wonderful that God pulls us back from our flesh.  And each time we heed that spoken by the Spirit of God and go according to that spoken by the Spirit of God we worship God in the Spirit and it is confirmed to us that we belong to God.

Romans 8:14 ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


Jn. 6:63 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.