Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Joined to God and Jesus by His Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We are joined to God and to Jesus by the Spirit of God WHO dwells in us.

Paul speaks of a "mystery" in Eph. 5 ... Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. 22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.


As a woman is joined to a man in the flesh and they become one flesh, we who have the Spirit of God are joined to God and to Jesus in the spirit by the Spirit of God Who dwells in us and we become one spirit with God and Jesus by HIS Spirit.  We are one with God and Jesus.  This is done by the giving of the Spirit of God to live in the believer.  The Spirit of God joins us to God and to Jesus in the spirit.

Jn. 17 ... Jesus said ... As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
... That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: ...And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one: and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me...24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.



We who belong to God are made one in the spirit with the others who belong to God.  We are also one in the spirit with God and with Jesus and all this is done by the Spirit of God that is in us that joins us in the Spirit to each other.  This is the "great mystery" that Paul spoke of in Eph. 5

The Spirit of God and having the Spirit of God is the key.