Thursday, March 7, 2013

Things God taught me

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

After I was born again in 1975, God taught me some very fundamental concepts for me to live by.

Jn. 6:63 ... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Unless I hear from God by His Spirit then I have nothing to say or do.  The Word from the Spirit of God makes me alive.

Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Even Jesus, the Son of God, the creator of all things, said HE could do nothing except as he heard from God.  Focus on what does God want me to do rather than what do I want to do.  Don't try to do anything by your own thinking.  Stay still.  Wait on God. 

I Cor. 2 ... Paul said ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

Paul "determined" this.  Make up your mind to focus and speak by the Spirit of God, not trying to make yourself look clever or wise.  Know nothing but that which God shows you.  Speak that.  Do that.  Don't try to be wise in way of man by reasoning and learning.  Just focus on that which the Spirit of God causes to stand out as you read Bible.  Don't try to understand by your own mind.  Stay still and do nothing until God shows you to do something.

When I was persuaded I was to be a minister, I closed my business and stayed at home in my apartment and read the Bible.  I paid for my living expenses by the money from the sale of the merchandise in my business.

I didn't know what I was supposed to do in ministry.  I didn't copy other people.  I just remained in my apartment and read Bible.

This went on for 6 months.

Then after 6 months, I was asleep in the night and I heard a very loud voice which woke me from sleep.  I suspect it was the voice of an angel.  He said three words:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

KWJS was radio station, I discovered when I looked it up for I didn't know at time what it was only thinking it was either radio or TV.  Through the leading of God, I was on radio within a week although I had never heard a religious type radio broadcast and knew nothing at all about radio.  (More detail read:  "Shown what to do by God"  Feb. 27, 1013)