Saturday, March 2, 2013

Authority of the believer

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There was a time in the early 80's that I was in the faith movement.  I attended a faith movement church.  I was even considered to be a minister from that faith movement.

We were being taught that we, as believers, had an authority from God to deal with certain matters to stop harmful things that might come to us.  We were taught, all good is from God and all bad is from the devil.

Then one day, the Holy Spirit brought the following scripture to my mind:

Mt. 27 ... Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.



In the Faith Movement, earthquakes would be considered bad, not good.  And yet here was good from earthquake.

Then God gave me a dream ... In the dream, destruction was everywhere.  I made my way into a room where a man was speaking to a group of people. A man rushed into the room and said, "Stop.  Can't you see?  It's too late.  It's already begun.   I looked out the window and was shocked.  One of those tall, civil defense type speakers was standing there and out of it was coming a poison gas.  I knew the gas would kill us and the speaker was supposed to be there to warn us, not kill us.  The first speaker continued speaking.  I looked at the man sitting next to me.  His eyes were open and a smile was on his face, but he was dead!  He was a corpse.  And I looked at the other people who were sitting there listening to the speaker and they were all dead, though they had eyes open and looked alive.  And as I sat there among them I began to feel myself drift off to sleep and I knew the gas coming from the speaker was killing me too.

The dream ended.  At first I didn't know what it meant.  Later on a Wednesday night I attended the Faith Movement church I had been attending.  Everything seemed fine.  But I felt death.  I looked at the people sitting there and they all looked fine.  But they were dead.  I remembered the dream.  I got up and went to rest room and began praying.  I said to God:  "I believe you are showing me to leave this church group.  I'm going to leave.  But if you want me to come back, I will."  I got into my car and drove away never to return.

And after that God began showing me many wrong teaching from this movement.

First, man wants to be his own God.  So when he thinks he can control everything, he flocks to that.  And it is especially appealing when it involves scriptures and seems godly.

But man does not know good from evil ... Eve made that mistake for she wanted to be as God knowing good from evil.  There are just so many things that happen in life that we cannot control and we don't know how to explain the reason those things that seem bad happened.

And if man has authority over earthquakes, storms and such, why doesn't man stop such things as hurricane Katrina which destroys life and property.  Why didn't those great men of the faith movement stop this if they have such authority to do so?  This basically proves the falseness of the doctrine of the movement.

So God brought me out by scripture, dreams and HIS Word.  And I followed His Spirit out, never to return.

Romans 8:14 ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.   

It is not just that movement that has error.  Many church movements have error.  Many times in the past years, I attended a church gathering where error was present.  Each time, I spoke with the pastor.  Not one repented.  I just left.  God had clearly shown me that if I sat among the error (the gas coming from the speaker) I would die with them.

Paul instructed us by the Spirit of God:  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. I Thess. 5:21