Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Led by God in what to do

Pam Padgett ... teacher

A few weeks ago Joan asked me to talk with a man named Jesse who was assigned by Google AdWords to help us with the ad for our blog.  When we spoke, Jesse told me he is a Christian and has read the Bible and thought he could really help us with our ad since he understands what we are trying to do.  We set a time to talk on the telephone the following week. 

I kept feeling that I probably "should" look over information about our ad before that meeting, but every time I tried to do that it was like a heavy burden, and I talked with God about how heavy this felt.  Finally, one day I was able to look at the information a little.  Although it wasn't real easy and I didn't spend much time in this, I saw one setting that might need to be changed, but wasn't sure.  I prayed, asking God to please show me whether to make this change or not. 

The following morning I woke up with a recurring thought that I should make this change.  I prayed, and believed this thought was from God, so I made that small change.  After making this change, I had another thought about what to look at, then another thought, then another, gathering information along the way.  I kept praying, asking God to lead me.

======
(Comments by Joan Boney ... I believe this is an example of the Holy Spirit "guiding us" into all truth ... one step at a time ... take that first step, then there is another step ... Jn. 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
====== 

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Throughout the day, ideas kept coming about what I needed to look at.  The heaviness was completely gone, and I enjoyed looking over everything that came to my mind and gathering information. 

While doing this, my attention kept being drawn to how the ad bidding was setup.  This had been changed last fall
at the recommendation of another ad man assigned to work with us.  In looking at the information gathered throughout the day, our blog has had far fewer "pageviews" since then.  I felt that this setting needed to change back, but couldn't see how to make that change.  When I spoke with Jesse two days later, he told me how to do this, and also suggested some other changes.   

After changing the bidding setup and making the other changes Jesse suggested, the number of pageviews started going up.  When I spoke with Jesse earlier this week, he specifically mentioned that changing the bidding setup had likely helped with the increases.  Since he said this, I've thought several times of how the bidding setup kept standing out to me after asking God to lead me in looking at the ad information, and also how easy it was to look at the ad information that day and the heaviness in this was gone.  I've been reminded of the following concerning this ...

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I've also been thankful to God for Jesse being assigned to work with us this month.  He has suggested many things, keeping in mind that we are just trying to make the blog as visible to people as possible.  Whereas most ads he works with are probably for companies/organizations trying to make money in some way, he really seems to understand that what we are doing is very different and suggests things that help us with this.