Saturday, March 30, 2013

Knowing your age on this earth

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Psa. 90:9

70 years is a normal Biblical span of life.  To fail to understand this concept often makes a person into a fool who says outrageous boasts and who tries to act other than his or her age.


Another reference to 70 year life span is found in a verse in Isaiah ...

Isaiah 23:15 ... And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years

There is a terrible thing going on now ... The actress Betty White who is 90 years old, appears in public making sexual statements as if she is 20 years old.  It is a terrible shame.  I can't stand to look at her.

Recently I heard a British actress, Maggie Smith, interviewed.  The man interviewing her asked her if she would marry again.  She is now 78.  She showed shock and horror on her face as she exclaimed, "NO!"  She seemed to know her age on the earth.

I am 75.  There is a man who approached me saying we needed to get to know each other.  He wanted us to go out dancing.  (I mentioned I can hardly walk due to a broken hip and shattered leg.)  He then said we could go to movie.  I declined.  I know my age.

It is a shame when a person fails to know his age and goes about trying to show that he is a young man (or for an aged woman to act as if she is young)

To everything there is a season ... Eccl. 3