Thursday, August 26, 2021

* Spirits that try to divide the body of Christ


Comments by Joan Boney: 

In the end times, devils will be rampant wrecking havoc wherever possible.  They bring troubling thoughts to us concerning people and concerning what might come in the future.

I have found God brings gentle thoughts when HE is leading us, although HE could warn us with stronger thoughts as needed but often God does that with me by giving me a dream.

Usually when the Holy Spirit is leading me we have these characteristics:  

Galatians 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

Thoughts from devils often "torment" us.  Or cause "fear" trying to get us to do something.

I John 4

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Trying that spirit to see if that thought is from God:

Certainly we can pray, asking God if that thought is from HIM when the thought is questionable.

Also I have found I can say:  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  as soon as that thought comes which I find questionable.  (When I do this, I hear in my mind, "Yes"  or "No".)

There is so much deception in the end times that we likely need to become more alert to the source behind the thought.

John 10:10  Jesus says:  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I suspect each of us have thoughts from time to time which trouble us.

If you are married, often devil brings thoughts about your mate.  

Or if you have children, devil might try to get you to act and do something where that child is concerned and devil might even try to make you think what you are doing is of God.  This is not at all unusual.

So we do need to try those troubling thoughts to see if they are from God as the apostle John said to do.

I'm really going to make this a focal point in my life for a season for I do find negative thoughts to be coming to me at this point in time.  Thoughts such as:  "That writing won't help anyone."

If the thought is sent by devil, we can know the opposite is very likely true.

Jesus said:  He (devil) was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  John 8:44

I Peter 5:8   Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We deal with this by prayer, committing questionable thoughts to God and asking God to help us to know truth.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

4Y