Saturday, August 7, 2021

* Let all things be done unto edifying. (I Cor. 14:26)

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

Will this bring edification to others if I speak?

Ephesians 4:29   Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

edify:  to build, especially to instruct in ways of God and to build in the faith in God.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth:  So all things must be spoken in truth from the heart. 

If a person speaks by the wrong motive, as many do, evil will come from that which that person speaks even if he speaks a scripture. 

If our heart is evil at the moment we speak, evil fruit will come from our words.

Therefore if we are contending with someone or have taken offense from the words of another person and we store these things in our heart, our heart will at some point produce evil fruit.

If we have "a bone to pick" we can expect evil to come forth from us.

We must have a good heart to produce the good of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


David prayed:

Psalm 51:10-12

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of THY salvation; and uphold me with THY free spirit.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


If we speak by the wrong spirit, we will grieve the elect of God.

Acts 16:16-18   And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

(Notice this girl didn't say anything wrong.  Her words were correct,  But it was the wrong spirit speaking though her.  And Paul was grieved.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God has shown me this:  When a person speaks and I am grieved, that is the Holy Spirit in me WHO is grieved and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and is giving me information about that person who spoke and grieved me.  Something is wrong.

This is likely a warning to me.  I might need to avoid that person.

Or I might need to pray for that person.

Or I might need to bring correction to that person.

But I must not just explain it away for it means something.

So I ask God what I am to do.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


When a person speaks and we who are the elect of God have love, joy, peace from what that person said, that word is from the Holy Spirit and edifies the church.

Galatians 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: 

If the words seem dead, their words are likely dead, from their flesh, even if they do speak scripture.

If the words put us in some type of bondage, they are likely of the flesh even if a scripture is spoken.

It is the spirit behind the speaker that produces the fruit, whether good or bad.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 7,  Jesus says:

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


There was a woman in our church group who grieved me for 39 years.  When she spoke I was usually grieved, even when her words were correct.  It was clear to me that something was wrong.  I often prayed but most of the time I just felt guilty over the way I felt about her.

She had been in church all her life, taken to church by her mother from the time she was a baby.

Something was very wrong.

Several times, I told her I did not think she was born again for her words were often very twisted and when she spoke it was difficult to get to the real truth of that which she spoke.  And often after she spoke she could not remember what she said.

I even, at the end, suggested she go to a medical doctor to see if something was wrong medically.

She reported that she did go and they didn't find any medical problem.

As twisted as her words were, that left only devils who twist a person's thinking.

But God did not choose to give me any information to help her and at one point God gave me a vision showing me she would turn her back on me and disappear.  And that is what she did about two weeks after God gave me this vision.

I was glad when she was gone for her words greatly troubled me and she was with us 39 years.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


When our heart is good and we continually keep our heart with all diligence as God says to do, good will come from our heart because good is in our heart.


If we have a "bone to pick" with someone, evil will be in our heart.

Either we have held back the truth of God from that person or we have grievances in our heart toward that person and these grievances have never been settled with God.  Much evil can come from us if we store up grievances in our heart.  And at some point these grievances will come from our mouth for they are in our hearts.

David prayed:

Psalm 51

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of THY salvation; and uphold me with THY free spirit.


(I often pray this over myself.  And I don't speak or write until God has restored me in the joy of HIS salvation.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯