Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Podcast: Sin causes a person to want to hide

 

 
Genesis 3
 
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

(Now they knew sin.  And they no longer wanted to be around anyone who might see their sin.)

9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard THY voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And HE (God) said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom THOU gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Penalties come because of sin:

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman HE said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17 And unto Adam HE said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
We can't hide from God.

Hebrews 4

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in HIS sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to do.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we are in peace and joy, we know we are at rest in God.

When we are troubled and grieved, we need to be restored by God to a state of peace and joy.

David prayed:

Psalms 51

10   Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of THY salvation; and uphold me with THY free spirit.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.

The Holy Spirit unravels situations and guides us into all truth and teaches us all things.

John 14:26   (Jesus says)  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God) , that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalm 139

3 THOU compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, THOU knowest it altogether.

5 THOU hast beset me behind and before, and laid Thine hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from THY spirit? or whither shall I flee from THY presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, THOU art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, THOU art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall THY hand lead me, and THY right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from THEE; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to THEE.

13 For THOU hast possessed my reins: THOU hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise THEE; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are THY works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from THEE, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in THY book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are THY thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with
 THEE.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

1 John 1

5 This then is the message which we have heard of HIM, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in HIM is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with HIM, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ HIS Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make HIM a liar, and HIS word is not in us.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯