Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Podcast: Prove all things; Hold fast that which is good. (I Thess. 5:21)

 

 
As a new Christian in 1975, my young friend and I began looking for the scripture where it says all men are created equal.

We couldn't find that in the Bible.

So we went to a man who was a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary and asked him where this is in the Bible.

He said:  "That statement is not in the Bible."

We were shocked!

(Seems that I have heard this statement all my life.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


The New Testament Bible is the rule book for the New Testament church.  All scripture is inspired by God and by scripture we can know the will of God for the church as we live on this present earth.

We prove all things by the scriptures and through prayer over these scriptures.

So if you want to know what God says about a subject, look up the scriptures on that subject in the New Testament Bible and compare scripture with scriptures.

For example:

Paul says the following scripture is a "commandment of the Lord".

I Corinthians 7:10-11   And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

In the New Testament Bible, there is only one grounds for a man to divorce his wife.  Jesus shows us this in the following scripture.

Matthew 5:32   But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

A man in our little church group filed divorce papers against his wife.

When I heard about this, I called this man and asked him, "Was your wife unfaithful?"

He paused before answering.  Then he said, "No."

I replied:  "The only scriptural reason for a man to divorce his wife is Matthew 5:32.  The unfaithful wife can be divorced without penalty for the husband who divorces her."

Apparently this man carefully considered what Jesus said in Matthew 5:32 to the men concerning divorcing their wives, because this man withdrew the divorce proceedings from the US court system.

Jesus says:

* If a man divorces a faithful wife and that faithful wife remarries, he will be the cause of the adultery she commits when she remarries.

and

* The man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

If a man is unfaithful, can his wife divorce him?  No.  For I Cor. 7:10-11 says it is a commandment of the Lord that the wife not leave her husband, "but and if she departs let her remain unmarried or be reconciled with her husband."

You must compare scripture with scripture:

And you must pray and follow the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit will not tell you to do something that is contrary to the New Testament Bible.

Antichrist spirit will try to get us to go in a way opposite to the New Testament Bible so we will be separate from God and follow antichrist.  

Antichrist always wants to rule over the church and take us from scripture.

II Thessalonians 2:3-4   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A woman called me wanting to come talk with me about her mother's second husband.

God said to me:  "Just follow the scriptures.  The circumstances are not important."


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Scriptures concerning divorce and remarriage:

I Corinthians 7:10-11
Matthew 5:32
Mark 10:1-12
Romans 7:2-3
I Corinthians 7:39
I Corinthians 6:15-18  (how we become "one flesh")


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Concerning homosexuals and lesbians:

Romans 1:26-28
Mark 10:6
I Thessalonians 5:1-3

OT: sodomites / homosexuals

Genesis 13:13
Genesis 19:1-25
2 Peter 2:6-9  (destruction of Sodom an example for NT church)
I Kings 22:46
I Kings 15:12
II Kings 23:7
I Kings 14:24

Some individuals say they were born homosexual.

When I asked God about this, HE called the following to my attention

Mark 10:6  But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Also we see from Romans 1:26 that God turned them over to "vile affections".  Also in Romans 1:28  "to do that which is not convenient."

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯