Monday, August 30, 2021

* By sharing what God has helped us with, our faith is increased and others who hear what God had done are edified in the faith in God.

 
Comments by Pam Padgett:  Member of the body of Christ

One morning a couple days ago I was doing my regular work and went to throw something in the trash can which is kept in the cabinet under the kitchen sink.

When I opened the cabinet door, one of the hinges broke. The door was hanging by one hinge and wouldn't stay in place.

In that cabinet are household cleaning supplies and other things that I wouldn't want any of the animals to get into, so being able to securely close this cabinet door was important to me.

As I stood staring at the problem, I was reminded
(by God) that when this house was built all the cabinets were the same with the same hardware. When I had one of the bathrooms remodeled many years ago, I had wanted to save one small cabinet door although I didn't have a need for it at the time.

The last I could remember that little cabinet door was in the garage ... somewhere ... unless I had thrown it away at some point.

I went to the garage and started to go to the only place I thought that little door might be. But as I walked to that place, my attention was drawn to the door sticking out just an inch or two from behind a cabinet!

It could barely be seen. There was even a wagon with stuff in it in front of where the cabinet door was. But God had drawn my attention to it.

The hinges were still on the little door. I simply removed one of the hinges and used it to replace the broken hinge on the kitchen cabinet door.  The hinge fit perfectly. 

It took less than 30 minutes for everything to be done, and I was able to go back to my work.

Often when I use the kitchen cabinet door now, I smile and find myself thanking God for helping me get that broken hinge taken care of so quickly.

And I marvel each time I think of how God was able to show me exactly where that little door was in the garage.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Philemon 

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

7For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.


Comments by Joan Boney:

Through the years, God has taught me to share things God has done and is doing in my life.

By sharing with the body of Christ, we increase our own faith in God and we also edify (build) the faith of those who hear us.

John 15:15  Jesus said:  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

It is a very godly thing when we share what God has done for us with others in the body of Christ.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯