Friday, August 6, 2021

* When two people have the Holy Spirit.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

It is wonderful when we have the Holy Spirit and are with another person who also has the Holy Spirit.

In such cases, we are in the "unity" of the Spirit and in the bond of peace.  (Eph. 4)

If we do happen to disagree with one another, God will cause one of us to change and to come into agreement with the Spirit.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


In 2018, I fell at my house in Texas where I lived alone.  Even before falling, God put into my heart that I no longer wanted to live alone.  I was in my 80's at that time.

After I fell, I knew I would not be able to live alone.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


A woman who was in our little church group had moved from Houston to Lubbock where I lived.  She had done this about 2 years before my accident.  I didn't know of her plan to move to Lubbock until she had already made her plans to move after she retired from her job in Houston.  

(This woman was twice divorced and had no children but did have one brother living in Houston at that time.)

But this woman  greatly grieved me with her words when she spoke.  And even when I brought correction to her it was never changed for I remained troubled by her.

When I fell, and before surgery, a nurse came to my hospital room to get me to sign papers showing who would be in charge of medical decisions for me if I was unable to do such.

This woman from our church group was standing there as I told the nurse, "Pam Padgett is in charge of me."  

(I had never thought of Pam Padgett being in charge of me before the nurse asked me.)

The church woman was very shocked and said, "How can Pam be in charge of you? She doesn't even live here.  She is 400 miles away."

I replied:  "I don't know how she can be, but she is."

(During the years when I lived alone in Texas, I often prayed that the church woman who troubled me would never be in charge of me should I be unable to care for myself ... but I never thought of "who" would be in charge of me and I was never troubled by this subject.  I guess I knew God would work it out if the need came.)

When Pam found out I had said she was in charge of me, she said, "I am?" 

(Comments by Pam Padgett ... When I learned that I was in charge, I began to diligent pray, asking God for wisdom in any decisions needed.)

This is exactly why Pam was in charge.  She would pray over all things. Pam did the technical works for our books and blog.  If there was a problem, she prayed and heard from God and did what God said.  She had demonstrated to me that she was connected to God. 

Pam never resisted and she did the assignment in a godly way, even moving me to Colorado to live in her house which she had just remodeled putting a bedroom downstairs and a full bath downstairs.  

(If the bedroom and full bath had not been downstairs, I would not have been able to live at Pam's house because I couldn't walk to go upstairs.  It was finished just a few weeks before I moved to Colorado on February 24, 2019.)

During the 2 1/2 months when I was in rehabilitation hospitals, Pam came to Lubbock, Texas, four times

Sometimes she drove to Texas and other times she flew from Denver to Lubbock.  She arranged for a new hospital where I would be moved in Texas when the first hospital became impossible for me.  She supervised the sale of my house in Texas and worked with my contractor to get the house ready for sale and she noted the items which were to be moved to Colorado later which were placed in storage in Texas until I was moved to Colorado.   Pam was very professional and never troubled me in any way with details.  Pam was led by the Holy Spirit of God in all things!

Pam's assignment was from God and Pam has the Holy Spirit of God in her and it all worked perfectly!  (Pam has the spiritual gifts of "helps", I Cor. 12:28.)

I've been here 2 1/2 years at the time of this writing.

This story is an example of God being in charge.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯