Thursday, October 15, 2020

* We speak that which we hear from God by HIS Spirit.


John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

(Comments by Joan Boney:  apostle/prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12)

The Holy Spirit who lives in each of the believers, reminds us of scriptures and gives us concepts to show us what to do in the issues pertaining to this present life.

We follow HIM, and reject the ideas of our own flesh, knowing the Spirit speaks the way of God to us.

When we are with other people we speak that which the Holy Spirit calls to our mind.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit will remind us of something we'd rather not speak.  But I have learned to speak "that" when HE reminds me of that scripture or situation.

I was with my favorite aunt (Church of Christ member) several years ago.  

The Holy Spirit said to me, "Tell her about being taken into heaven."

I really didn't want to do that.

But I was sure it was the Holy Spirit telling me to do that so I did.

I told her:  Several years ago, I was asleep in the night and I was transported into heaven where I was with God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit. (Seeing no human type figures. This was a spiritual experience.)  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God, with God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.

As I spoke I noticed a "dreamy look" coming upon my aunt's face as I mentioned being taken into heaven.

After telling her this, she said:  "Something happened like that to me once ... and it was all golden."

I knew this aunt was very different from my other relatives.  Now I knew why.


***

Just follow the Holy Spirit, speaking that which HE brings to your mind, for that will do the work of God in the matter at hand.

But I never plan anything ahead.  I just pray that I will speak only those things God wants spoken, and I depend on the Holy Spirit to bring to my memory that which God wants me to speak and I try to speak that.  I am in the Bible daily, reading and meditating upon scripture and conforming my thinking to the Bible.  I am careful to program myself with the way of God as shown by God through the scriptures.  So when I hear a Word from God, it is usually easy to discern that it is a word from God that I am about to speak.  And I also know the things of the flesh as stated in Galatians 5, so I know things not to speak.

It is important that we renew our minds to the word of God as Paul said to do.

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When we do this continually, daily, then when we go out and are with other people, we can pray and recognize those things that are spoken to us by the Spirit, so we speak those things to others, rather than speaking the sayings of this world which does harm to other people.

Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

 
*****