Tuesday, October 13, 2020

* God speaking to us or a devil speaking?

(Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12) 

 
Though devils try to imitate God when they bring thoughts to our minds, devils usually try to drive us to do something. Often devils will suggest that we do some "great thing" for God, appealing to our ego.

Thoughts are often brought to us from God, from devils, and from our own fleshly desires.
 
 
I find the voice of God is gentle and undemanding.  
 
The thoughts from God are usually joyful to me. 
 
I'm amazed at the wisdom which thoughts from God contain. 
 
Thoughts from devils are usually driving thoughts, trying to get me to do something. 
 
But I have great joy in doing that suggested to me by God.
 
I delight in the ideas that come from God.
 
Certainly we can pray if we have any doubt as to where that thought came from.  The usual thoughts from devils are fearful, tormenting, confusing, demanding, forcing. often costly to do, sometimes very complex.
 
Devils try to get us to do demanding and even unreasonable things.  
 
Often they will be expensive and  hard on us.
 
But God's way is easy and his burden is light.
 
Often God's thoughts are in the form of a suggestion and to do that which God brings to us is easy to accomplish, reasonable and not overly complex. The tools and money to do the work are also simple and often at hand. They require very little effort from us.  The work lines up with the Word of God and compliments the Bible.  And it is joyful for me to do that work.  I find I'm easily able to do the project.

 
****