Friday, October 23, 2020

* I John 2:17 That which is forever


And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.


*****

How do we know the will of God for us?

Pray and depend on God to show us HIS will and to guide us and teach us by HIS Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Matthew 11:28-30  Jesus, The Word, says:   Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I know I have the plan of God when that plan is easy to do, peaceful, not terribly expensive, not complex, filled with truth and no hypocrisy, full of mercy and good fruits.

And we can also pray, asking God to confirm that which we believe to be HIS will in the subject at hand.

***

We must not try to worship God in fleshly ways, by things we can see and hear with our flesh.

A man who was once in our church group went to a church gathering in another town and came back telling us how "wonderful" the meeting was.

Finally I asked him what was so wonderful about the meeting.

He said they had 3 big crosses which were covered with flowers at the head of the room.

This is an example of a  man trying to worship God in the flesh.  It was only a fleshly emotion happening to this man and not the Spirit of God which is power of God and helps us.

Jesus said:

John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Many in churches think they are having a spiritual experience during song service but what is happening to them is an emotional experience catering to their own flesh.  And their flesh is entertained.

The true power of God, especially for change, is present in the spiritual.


*****