Sunday, October 18, 2020

* The changing weather?


(Comments by Joan Boney)

The seasons continue on this earth and we become accustomed to the weather where we live.

There is talk in the world about the climate changing.

Recently I pulled up the weather on Internet for the place I currently live, which is in Colorado.  I was really surprised at the forecast.  They were predicting several days coming that week in the 90's. 

Then I realized the report I was seeing was for Lubbock, Texas, where I once lived and not for the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.

(The 90's would be normal for Texas in early October.)

And I recalled the following scripture:  

Genesis 8:22   While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

At the end of this world, God will shake the heavens and the earth.  (Matthew 24)

At the time of the great tribulation, the sun will go dark and the moon will not give her light, and the powers of heaven will be shaken.  

One of the plagues of the great tribulation will be greatly increased heat.  (See plagues and woes:  Revelation 8-16)

But until then, weather will continue for the regions of the world as they have been in the past though scientists may think they are changing.


*****