Monday, October 12, 2020

* Truth from the Holy Spirit overcomes lies of the devil

Pam Padgett ... (member of the body of Christ)


One morning a few days ago, shortly after I woke, thoughts of what I needed to do were going round and round in my mind.  It was like bees buzzing around and around.  

I said to myself  "I need to sit down and talk with God about all these things and see how HE wants me to handle them."   

Then a thought came ... "You have too many other things to do.  You don't have time to talk with God.  " 

For just a second I was stunned.  "I don't ?"  

But immediately the Holy Spirit rose up in me and said, "You need help, and God is your help." 

That's right!   

I sat down and started talking with God about the things needing to be done that were going through my mind.

Interestingly, as I talked with God it became clear that there were only 2 things going round and round in my mind, but the way they were going round and round in my mind it seemed like a lot more.  And neither of these things even needed to be done that day! 

As I talked with God, I was astounded at how quickly I was completely calmed.  

I began thanking God for the amazing peace that had come over me so quickly.  

Then I was reminded of the following ...  

Philippians 4:6-7   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

Exactly what had just happened!

 

*****


John 10   Jesus says:

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Voice of "strangers", devils:

- cause us to panic
- filling us with fear
- driving us rather than leading us
- steal, kill, destroy  (devil) 
- turn us from Word of God
- turn us from praying to God, ("no need to pray")
- devils often hit us with confusion and it is like we are being slapped, boxed on one cheek and then another
- confusion, turmoil, no joy, no peace (often making us think we have to act immediately or future will be impossible)

Notice how "negative" thoughts from devils can be.

***

Voice of God, Holy Spirit:

- leads us
- gives us options which we have never considered
- gives us information so we can make godly choice
- comforts us
- "Is it true?"  Spirit of Truth

God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.  Matthew 11

We know the voice of God and we can recognize the voice of "strangers". 

*****