Thursday, October 22, 2020

* Open visions from God.

 (Comments by Joan Boney, apostle and prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12.)
 
Shortly after I was born again in 1975, I was attending a prayer group in a home in my neighborhood.  The women were praying and I heard these words from the Holy Spirit, "Look up." 
 
I raised my head and on the wall I saw an outline of a part of the human body.
 
I said to God, "I know that is part of the human body, but I don't know which part." 
 
I heard from the Holy Spirit, "Stomach." 
 
Then I remembered the old Pepto Bismol TV adds about stomach problems. 
 
When the women quit praying, I asked, "Does any one have a stomach problem?" 
 
One woman excitedly said, "I do!" 
 
I think she might have been healed. 
 
This was my first encounter with "open visions" from God. 
 
God chose to show me these by an outline on a solid wall.
 
I believe they were the spiritual gift, "word of knowledge."  


I Corinthians 12

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will.

Spiritual gifts are given to help the church.


***

A young man, who was a friend of mine, had the disease ALS.  

God gave me an open vision of David.  He was on a golf course and he was totally healed!  He was jumping up and down and was so happy and he was signaling with his hand for us to join him.  

I told this vision to a member of David's church group.

Clay said:  "Don't you think that means David will be healed?"

I replied:  "No.  David is dying.  But he is alright spiritually."

David died about 2 weeks later.

I sent a written copy of the vision to David's wife and 2 children to help them.

Spiritual gifts help the church.

***

Through the years, I've received open visions many times, showing what will happen in future or showing need for physical healing in the church group.

In 2019, I put my house in Texas up for sale and moved to Colorado.

Several people looked at the house but it did not sell.

God gave me an open vision to show me what was going to happen concerning that house.

In this vision, I saw a man drive slowly on the north side of the house.  He was looking intently at the property.  He drove past the house and then stopped and backed up and looked intently again at the house.

For the next 1 1/2 year the house remained on the market but did not sell.

Then in March, 2020, we received an offer for the property and we accepted the offer.  But then the people backed out.  A week or so later they returned and bought the house.  This was exactly like I had been shown by God in that open vision.

The vision helped me to have faith in God and not to become discouraged.

***

For a few years, I attended a Bible class at the church I was attending.  During the class, the teacher would always say, "Does anyone have a word from the Lord."  This teacher made room in his class for the Holy Spirit to function through those of us who attended his class.  I usually had at least one word and often several words.  

During the song service, God would often show me outlines of words of knowledge on the wall as HE did in the prayer group in the early days.

***

In the New Testament Bible, we have many examples of God using visions to help the church.

* Acts 2:1-4
* Acts 2:30-32
* Acts 5:16-20
* Acts 7:51-60
* Acts 8:26-40
* Acts 9:1-9
* Acts 9:10-16
* Acts 10:1-8
* Acts 10:9-47

(And there are many more examples in the book of Acts.  If we can find examples in the New Testament Bible we can have confidence that these same things are done by God in the New Testament church today.)

***

In the last days, Jesus warns us there will appear false Christs and false prophets.

Jesus shows us these false Christs appearing in "chambers" (bedrooms).

They will come saying Jesus appeared to them.

Jesus says:  "Believe it not."

Matthew 24

23 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, HE is in the desert; go not forth: behold, HE is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

(Everyone from east to west shall see Jesus.  It won't be just a few people saying they have seen Jesus.)

Until the return of Jesus, the spiritual gifts will be given by God for the church to help the church.

(Please notice in each of those open visions that I reported, help was given for the church.)

But when they report that Jesus appeared to them on the road or in their bed chambers, Jesus says:  "Believe it not."  For all will see Jesus when HE returns.

There will be much deception in the days ahead.  

Jesus warns us in Matthew 24.

*****