Wednesday, October 14, 2020

* They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.


John 12

42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him (the Word), lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.



***

Comments by Joan Boney:

They did not confess HIM because they wanted the group to accept them.  Yet the group is their problem, their bondage, which keeps them from God.

II Timothy 3:12   Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

When we are with other people, we learn to speak as is given us by the Holy Spirit.

One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of everything Jesus has said to us.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So I depend on the Holy Spirit to call the words God wants spoken to my mind and I speak what I hear when I am with other people.

Jesus says:  John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

(God showed me to do the same thing.  Speak as I am led by the Holy Spirit.  Speak those things called to my mind by God through His Spirit when I am with another person.)

I never try to speak something.  But if I hear, I speak, at least this is what I try to do.

Sometimes after leaving the people, I remember some truth from God and realize I could have spoken that.  But since that was not called to my mind while I was with the person, I feel God did not want me to speak that to the person.  I consider that information is for me to keep me straight.

I trust God to bring to my mind everything HE wants spoken to the people when I am with the people, or with an individual.  I never prepare anything in advance to say.  

I just ask God to have me speak those things HE wants me to speak.  

I also pray for God to keep me from speaking anything that is not of HIM.  

And I speak those things brought to my mind, trusting God.



*****