Wednesday, October 21, 2020

* Do we as Christians live as those in this world, voting for men of this world, approving men of this world?

(Comments by Joan Boney)

In 2016, I was watching TV and happened upon the Democratic National Convention.  I watched this for a few minutes.  

Then I noticed a woman and felt something was wrong with this woman.  She was dressed in a dress and heels and women's jewelry and women's make up, but then I saw this was really a man dressed as a woman.  I was so shocked to see this. (I could see a beard beginning to surface on his face.)

I feel certain that both Republicans and Democrats allow homosexuals and lesbians into their parties and even have them as delegates for their conventions.

What the Bible says concerning homosexuals and lesbians:

Romans 1:23-27   And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

***

I do not vote.  I believe both political parties in the USA do things against the Bible to please worldly men and women.  

I would not want to be a part of this by voting for either party and by approving questionable humans.

The apostle Paul says to pray for those in authority and this I do when they are called to my attention.

I Timothy 2:1-3  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

***

I consider that I am only an observer as I live in this world.  My kingdom is not of this world.

Jesus said:  John 18:36  My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I do not want my well being to come from man but want such to come from God as Abraham did.

Genesis 14:21-23  And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I am certain, as long as I live on this earth, God will provide for me.  

I would rather have God's provision than anything man can do for me.  

So I'm not looking for "benefits" from governments of men as many people do today.

Neither do I desire to win the lottery as some people desire.

God has amply provided for me,

Ephesians 3:20   Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,


***

A man from India once wrote to me and asked:  "What is your vision for India?"

I replied, My vision for India is the same as my vision for USA and the rest of this world.  

I Peter 3:10   But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

The apostle Paul said:  

II Timothy 2:3-4  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  

No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

For many years, I have tried to keep myself from entanglements with this present world and from pagan activities and various worldly events.

I do not see politicians as godly people.  They have to please the voters.

We please God and speak that which God shows us to speak.

Galatians 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

***

If we approve the persons who do not hold to the doctrine of Christ, we become a part of their evil deeds, says the apostle John.

II John 

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.


***

We cannot make this world righteous.  

This world will do that which is right in their own eyes. 
 
It is in the new world wherein dwelleth righteousness and we witness to Christ The Word while we are on this earth living godly lives but remaining unentangled to serve God.

II Peter 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

One day God opened my eyes to see that we cannot make this present world righteous no matter what we do.  

In fact, the apostle Paul says:

II Timothy 3:13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.


***

We should try to live in peace through prayer as long as God chooses to leave us here.  

And we follow God rather than man and thereby are witness to God, as I do in this present writing.


*****