Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Warning about being puffed up

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Sometimes when a person offends us, we allow ourselves to be puffed up.  So next time we see that person we "bristle", thinking of how they offended us and not wanting to approve them, not wanting to feel kindly toward them.

The following two scriptures offset this offense and show us what God want us to do.

I Tim. 1 ... 5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

Romans 12 ... 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath:for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Since you do not have to repay, you can treat that person kindly.  

I saw this one day when Notre Dame was playing football.  I was very much against them because they are Catholic and knowing many evils of the Catholic church I was harsh in my heart toward this school and their football team.

It was as if God said to me, "You don't have to hold these grudges and hate them for I will settle with the Catholic Church regardless of what you do toward them ... so free yourself."

Thus we do not have to be overcome by their evil but we overcome with a good spirit.

A few months ago, I was going to trash at the same time my neighbor was backing her car out of her garage in alley.  We were a few feet from each other.  I stopped and greeted her in very friendly way.  She had another spirit toward me.  I did not realize I had offended her.  I just stood there to speak with her and she finally lowered her window and I greeted her with open friendliness.  She said, "I want to talk with you."  I replied, "I'd like that."  (still not realizing she was offended with me)  She said she would come over that night.  I prepared some treats but she didn't show up. 

Then it was as if the Spirit of God showed me what was happening.  She was not friendly toward me but wanted to come over to rebuke me.

It was over her adult aged daughter who is lesbian.  I had spoken against lesbians and this mother had taken offense.

Fortunately I didn't realize I had offended this woman so I was acting in genuine kindness toward her while she bore grudge against me.

These scriptures show us we are to be kind even when we do know they are offended.

God will repay.  We don't have to repay and we shouldn't repay.