Sunday, November 1, 2015

Jesus says: Take no thought for tomorrow ... Learning to live this instruction

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

For years, most of us have planned for tomorrow ... living the way that makes sense to the people of this world.  Planning ahead so we will have what we need.

Yet how do we really know what we will need and will it really be enough?

Jesus presents another way for us, who are of God, to go.  But we will have to really work to go this way.

Jesus says ... Mt. 6 ... 24 No man can serve two masters:for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air:for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

From the time I was born again in 1975, God showed me to find a scripture daily and to meditate in that scripture daily, applying that instruction to my life and continuing to do that instruction ... and by doing this I would prosper and have good success in all that I do on this earth ...


I did that ... and I always knew each day by doing that scripture I would take a step into the right way of life "for me" ... It was just one step at a time ... but it was important to do that step ...

When we run into a problem, it is normal to want to work it out so we don't have that problem again.

Recently, I've had some amazing examples where God simply worked everything out.

I have a woman who cuts my hair in a way that I really like the hair cut.  But you must be very careful not to disturb her nor to excite her in any way for then her hair cut changes.  So I have learned to keep her calm.

But she moved into a shop where 3 operators were in the same area and there was lots of excitement for her as they chatted across the room with one another.   I thought I might have to change hair dressers as a result.

But I did nothing and the next time I went for my appointment, I went into the front door of the shop and she was gone.  Her station where she cut hair was not there.  It appeared no one was there.  I thought she might have moved to another shop and forgot to let me know.

I walked toward the back of the shop and finally at the last section of the building I found her.

They had changed the shop into stations, separating the operators!  This solved my problem.  I thanked God, believing this change came about through God for my benefit.

I could have fretted for 6 weeks, between appointments, but I stopped myself from being troubled and just committed the problem to God ... If the problem had continued I might have been led to take other action.  But the problem was resolved for me.

I've had times I had to make change.  I had eye doctor who troubled me and caused me to be fear filled.  I finally had to change, after prayer, to another doctor as I kept being troubled by going to this first doctor.

I am working "to take no thought for tomorrow."  When you begin trying to do this, I suspect you will find you are surprised at how much you are trying to plan today for tomorrow.

Over and over, as I live this day, thoughts will come of something that will be needed tomorrow.

I now stop myself and review what Jesus said, "take no thought for the morrow for the morrow will take thought for itself.  Sufficient today is the evil thereof."  Just deal with today in a godly way and you will be exactly where you need to be tomorrow.

But what we do today is critical:  We need to seek God's righteousness today.  One way we do this is by prayer.  And also we do this as we seek a scripture today and think on that scripture and do it and continue doing it.  Then our path is made straight daily, faith in God is built and increased and we do have success in all that we do if we focus on today and deal with our soul.

The following is true: 

Psalm 1 ... 

1 Blessed is the man
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
 

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.