Monday, November 16, 2015

Charity never fails / I Corinthians 13

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I have been setting up a new e-reader and had to call Internet support.  A person from another country took my call and I had a very difficult time understanding his speech when he spoke English.  We struggled for several minutes and I was becoming very discouraged and I could tell my flesh was about to take over and I was about to lose control over my emotions.

Then I remembered the following: 

Charity never faileth ... I Cor. 13:8

Immediately, I calmed down and had control again over my own flesh and dealt kindly with this man on the phone.   

Charity never fails ... It is up to us to exercise "charity" toward the other person and when we do act in charity our flesh is kept under control of the Spirit and we have good success in dealing with the other person.

I Cor. 13 ... 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth:but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.