Saturday, November 14, 2015

God makes all things work together for good for His elect

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Romans 8 ... 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

A week ago, I began searching for a new e-reader.  I have a 1st. generation Kindle e-reader.  I use that daily to study blog ... to study meanings of words in dictionary ... and I use this device for all secular book reading which is my pastime.   I spend several hours daily on my e-reader.  And the first one, created four years ago, is rather heavy and I have noticed as I get older it really feels heavy to me.  So I began the search for a new device.

I ended up buying 4 e-readers and returning them for various reasons which were unsatisfactory results before I finally found an e-reader which fit my purposes and my specific needs.  Pam Padgett, who was a computer programmer, was trying to help me work through this.  The entire project was a challenge.  But my interest was so strong, I just kept trying.

The first unit was uncomfortable in my hand.  I have a small hand.

I was unable to enlarge the print on the blog on the second unit so it was uncomfortable for me to try to read the blog on the Kindle with the smaller print.  (They give you about 14 days to try out the device and you can return it for refund if it does not fit your personal needs.) 


It felt like I kept failing ... but I couldn't seem to stop trying... perseverance ... unwillingness to give up just because things seem to be going wrong ...

By continuing, I finally found the fifth e-reader to fit my needs and even then it took a lot of effort before we could get it set up in the way that was most comfortable for my needs.  (Pam helping)

I thought of Romans 8:28 ... for even if things seem wrong, they may not actually be the wrong way for you to go ... you might just have to keep trying, especially if the interest continues.

==========

Then there are spiritual trials and spiritual afflictions for those of us who are born of the Spirit of God ... When I was first born again, I went through many spiritual trials and struggles.  My best friend at the time said, "Joanie ... this is not supposed to be happening to you now that you are a Christian."


But remember what Paul said ... 

I Thess. 3 ...  3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions:for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto. 4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

In spiritual things, persecution often comes "for the word's sake." ... and our faith in the word from God is often tried as a result of persecutions.  The way of this world is very wicked.  (I Jn. 5) ... so how could we not suffer persecution when we try to go in the way of God?


We just have to continue in that word (or leading) which we believe to be from God.   And often everyone in our family and among our friends will fight against that "word".  We just learn to hold fast and continue in the way we believe to be God's direction in the matter at hand... this is one of the central factors in "faith", believing that what we have heard is from God.

I know there is great blessing at the end of that trial!

Sometimes holding to that direction will free us from people we do not need to be around.

Remember the statement of Joshua ...

Joshua 24 ... 14 Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth:and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord. 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Those who remain in my house will serve the Lord, The Word.)


And the following wonderful word the 3 servants of God gave Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon ...

Daniel 3 ... 17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and HE will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Eph. 6 ... Be strong in the LORD (the Word God gives you), and in the power of HIS might ...

THE WORD is everything to us.