Friday, November 13, 2015

When thoughts of the past trouble you

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was troubled by thoughts of the past, of things I had done in the past ... and as I was troubled over these, I was reminded of the following truth:

II Cor. 5 ... 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Also I remembered what Paul said ...

Phil. 3 ... 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded:


Now each time a thought of the past tries to surface, I reject that thought just saying, "No ... I am a new creature, created in Christ (The Word).  Those old things are now passed away.  I can go forth in the Word given me, in the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, The Word."

Romans 6 ... 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.