Monday, October 9, 2023

Podcast: Taking "free food" from the government

 

 
The apostle Paul said:

2 Thessalonians 3

7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.


11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalm 34

What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?

13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and HIS ears are open unto their cry.

16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

There had been a war and Abraham's side had won.

The King of Sodom said to Abraham:  

Genesis 14

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

When I saw this, I said to God, "This is the way I want to live.  I want my "wealth" to come from you not from this world."

We are all going to answer to God for the way we live in this world.

Repent, if need be.  

Do that which is right in the sight of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯