Tuesday, October 17, 2023

πŸ’₯ Learn to sanctify God.



(Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ)
 
I just finished listening to the podcast published on Sunday, October 15, where Moses did not sanctify God in front of the congregation when they were complaining about having no water. 
 
And where Joan Boney gave the example of having a friend give her credit for an idea which God had given her as she spoke to other people at the Bridge Center. Joan did not let this stand but sanctified God by telling these people that it was God who had given her this idea. 
 
I had this happen earlier today to me. 
 
Edward (my husband) was having a physical problem and asked me if I knew what he should do to get relief. 
 
After he said this I started praying silently, asking God to please help him so he could feel better. I kept praying silently, continuing to ask God to give me wisdom to be able to help him. 
 
At some point, while working through the problem, Ed said that I had some good ideas and seemed to know what to do. 

(Barbara had once been a nurse and he must have assumed she learned these things in nursing school.)
 
I told him that this was because I just kept praying, asking God what to do. And that it wasn’t me who was doing this, but God. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 

This is the podcast which told the story of Moses failing to sanctify God in the sight of the people and because Moses sanctified himself instead of God, a great penalty was put upon Moses and God would not allow Moses to go into the promised land.


 
 (Even if you have heard this podcast, you might need to hear it again and be sure you are sanctifying God when you tell what God has done in your life.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯