Sunday, August 21, 2022

πŸ’₯ When God does something, we rejoice in seeing HIS work.

 
Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ

Earlier this summer there was extensive flooding and damage in Yellowstone National Park caused by the melting of snow caused by a lot of warm rain and unusually warm temperatures. Apparently it caught everyone by surprise, even the scientists. They had never seen anything like that in this park. 
 
I heard about this on the evening news where I had been listening to the daily news and this story came at the end of the other news stories. 
 
I was aware that I was feeling kind of down, as I listened to these stories, but didn’t know why, at that particular moment. 
 
But when it got to the Yellowstone story, I realized after listening to this story that I felt good again, not weighted down. 
 
And I also realized that I felt this way because this story was about something God had done and not something man had done. 
 
In this happening we were shown the power of God Who controls the weather and brought the snow and the warm temperatures and the rain that melted all that snow and made it to flow with the force He created. 
 
As I looked at the pictures on television of the flooded rivers and the damage done by these waters, I saw the power of God. 
 
And I rejoiced in seeing this power that came from God. 
 
Sometimes it may seem to us that man has so much power and can do whatever he wants, but seeing this story reminded me that God has everything under control, and that He rules over the people of this world. And this comforts me. 
 
Psalm 47:8  God reigneth over the heathen:
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯