Sunday, August 14, 2022

Podcast: When God arranges our life!

 
 
 
 
(Joan Boney)

I'm so happy with my life.

God has worked old age out so well for me. (I'm 84.) 

One of the greatest things is I'm not alone and God fixed it so I live with a truly godly person.   If we disagree (which is rare) God changes one of us so we agree.

It is not that we pray together in same room.

But I know we both pray in our own separate rooms when there is a problem and God brings unity and shows us what to do and we live in great peace.

Financially it is wonderful. 

After the house in Texas sold, of course my expenses were reduced dramatically, not having house upkeep. Pam didn't want any money for me to live here but I insisted on paying monthly and I told her just put the money in her savings account. I started paying $500 per month, then raised it to $700 then $800 then $1000, although she didn't want me to pay more.  This helps offset expenses, although Pam has plenty of money to pay.  She can just keep accumulating the money I give her and use it for unexpected repair expenses.

Both of us have plenty of money to meet both needs and desires.

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Last summer Pam put shutters upstairs ... things like that are very affordable for her, especially with the money I pay. I have shutters in my room and she really came to like them.

We put a line cleaner in the house which cleans up electricity for whole house. This helps greatly with sound and TV picture ... (picture on TV is about 25% better).  Also whole house is protected from power surges supposedly.

New car was purchased in June 2020 ... we have 6000 miles on car. We find when we want to go somewhere we are satisfied by driving about 10 miles north on the back road to Denver! Beautiful horse ranches ... valleys, Ponderosa trees, beautiful leaf change on cottonwoods and maples ...

(We have 2 dogs and added 2 kittens which have been great fun for us.)

And best of all I have plenty to occupy my time here in my bedroom by writing the blog and doing the podcast recordings. 

I worked through the examples in Old Testament showing how we apply these things to our life today.

I publish a podcast daily to exhort the church in ways of God. 

(Since starting Podcasts in Feb. 6, 2020, I have published 917 episodes ... because in Bible, Heb 3, God says: Exhort one another daily ... so that is what I do with Podcasts. 

And each Podcast goes all over the world so church that cares to hear can hear daily exhortations.)
 
I have Roku streaming and subscribe to Brit Box ... British mysteries mostly from BBC.

A simple, satisfying life.

I love the cooler weather here.  (I moved from Texas to Colorado on February 24, 2019.)  I like the snow also. I really delight in seeing the mountains when we go to grocery and such.   It has all been a treat for me! 

And getting to open windows and have fresh air has been especially delightful.  (I never opened windows in Lubbock, Texas, for it is hot there and the wind blows a lot there, and usually dust blows with the wind!) 

We had the air conditioner on at this house in Colorado for about l hour total during the past 3 years that I have been here. We just don't need AC here although we do have it at this house.

Everything about this life suits me well and I am happier at this time more than I've ever been at any point in my life. 

Most old people want to return to some previous time of their life. I'm in the best part of my life like Job was:

Job 42:12   So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:

It's not that I tried to make these things happen, God just worked it out as I trusted HIM and tried to do what I thought to be right in HIS sight.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯