Tuesday, August 30, 2022

πŸ’₯ Money

 
Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (The Word).

God will bring us a WORD and by that WORD we know what to do.  And when we follow that WORD, often our need is met by that WORD.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Sometimes God will put an interest into our heart and we find we can't turn from that interest.

When I owned a small business in 1975, I went to buy merchandise for my shop.  (American Indian Arts)  Primarily we sold jewelry.  But on one buying trip, I saw a Navajo rug and just couldn't pass it by.  It cost $500.  I bought it and took it to a rug appraiser and she said:  "You've really lucked out.  Usually these old rugs are worthless.  But this is a good rug.  It is worth at least $1500, but you should not sell it because it will go up in value.  So price this rug at a price where no one will buy it."

I returned home and a man came the next day to look at jewelry.  That old rug was rolled up and sitting next to the wall.  The man said, "What is that?"  I told him it was an old Navajo rug which I had just brought back from the reservation.  

He said:  "Let me see it."

I rolled it out on the floor and this man walked around the rug looking at it.  Then he asked:  "How much?"  

I replied: "Five-thousand-dollars.

He began writing out a check.

I was horrified!  I always priced merchandise at a fair market price.  I even protected my customers.

I tried to convince him not to buy the rug but he couldn't be swayed.  So I told him.  "I'm not going to cash your check for a week.  Take the rug and if you decide to bring it back I will give you your check back."

I never saw this man again.  I cashed the check and paid money back to a woman who had loaned me money for the shop.  She was an unbeliever and I had been born again and did not want to be yoked to an unbeliever.  I had seen a scripture and wanted to follow this scripture:  

2 Corinthians 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

I had been asking God to help me to repay this money and to be free.  God made that possible as I followed the interest that HE had placed in my heart concerning buying that old rug.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Pam Padgett had finished college but was unable to find a job.  She had good secretarial skills so she took a job as a secretary at a bank.  For the first two years, she enjoyed the work.  But then found she was bored.  She prayed asking God to help her to find a job that was interesting to her.

One day, her boss at the bank asked Pam if she would see how to use a computer which someone had given them for her work.  Pam said she would try but she didn't know anything about computers.  Pam then asked him if she could take a computer course at the local college.  He agreed and they looked at the list of courses and chose a class called "Basic".

Pam went to the class and found immediately this class was not teaching how to use a computer.  It was a class teaching the computer programming language called Basic.

Since Pam was already at the class, she decided to stay for the first session.  As she sat there listening to the instruction, she became very interested in computer programming and stayed for the entire class.

As she drove away after the class, she said to God:  "This is it!  This is what I want to do, computer programming."

She continued to pursue this field and in a very short time got an entry level job as a computer programmer at Fed Ex.  She loved doing the work and stayed there more than 20 years until she retired.

Pam knew it was God who enabled this to happen.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Here is a promise of God from the Old Testament which I find to be valid for the church today.

God says:

Isaiah 45:2  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯