Friday, August 12, 2022

Podcast: Mistakes? or sins?

 
 
 
 
(Joan Boney)

On August 5, 1975, I was reading a book about sin when God spoke to me and said:

"Joan ... you know all these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

"Sins?" I gasped!  I thought they were mistakes.

With that word, God revealed HIS truth to me and caused me to be born again, giving me HIS Holy Spirit to live in me and teach me and guide me into all truth!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 2021, the New York Times revealed an email sent in previous years by an NFL coach where he showed his "hatred" against a black person by saying, "His lips are as thick as Michelin tires."

This coach was forced to resign as NFL football coach.  

He said he was sorry to have hurt anyone with this statement.  He said he was sorry he sent the email.  "It was a mistake."  

He did not realize that hatred is "a sin" and that he revealed hatred against this other person when he said this word. Hatred was in his heart. That which comes out of our mouth reveals that which is in our heart. (Mt. 12)

Many people of this world think they have made a mistake when actually what they did is a sin.

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (homosexuals), nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, we are born again, given a new heart and a new Spirit by God.  Recreated into a new creature!

II Corinthians 5:17   Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ezekiel 36  (God says)

23 And I will sanctify MY great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put MY spirit within you, and cause you to walk in MY statutes, and ye shall keep MY judgments, and do them.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯