Monday, August 29, 2022

Podcast: Psalms which encourage us and give us strength

 
 
 
 
Psalms are prayers. 

Here are excerpts from Psalms 17-18 which build us up in ways of God.

Psalms of David.

Psalm 17

4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of THY lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

5 Hold up my goings in THY paths, that my footsteps slip not.

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of THY wings,

9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

13 Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked.

14 From men which are THY hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life,

Psalm 18

2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

(The Lord: The Word of God)

3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.

6  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: HE heard my voice out of HIS temple, and my cry came before HIM, even into HIS ears.

16 HE sent from above, HE took me, HE drew me out of many waters.

17 HE delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

19 HE brought me forth also into a large place; HE delivered me, because HE delighted in me.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯