Wednesday, April 7, 2021

* Walking in truth.

Comments by Joan Boney: 

The apostle John said:

3 John: vv. 3,4   For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Sadly, there are people in the church groups who cannot speak truth or do truth.

In our own little church group, there was one woman who, for 39 years, walked in questionable ways.  

When I would examine her, she was very mixed up and often couldn't tell a "straight" story.

When I brought correction to her, it would take several emails to correct her and often several phone calls.  And I was still troubled over her.

These "entanglements" drained me considerably so I could not do my own work in exhorting the church.

After 39 years, God removed her from us.

I was in the hospital at that time.  I had an accident, falling and breaking a hip and a wrist.  After surgery, I was lying in my hospital bed.  I saw this woman standing at the foot of my bed.  Then she turned and disappeared, walking through the wall.  I thought I must be having an hallucination from all the drugs given to me for pain after the surgery.

About 2 weeks later, I was in a rehabilitation hospital.

This woman came to my room and sat down beside my bed and said:  "I no longer care about anyone or anything anymore.  I do not read the Bible or blog."

I said, "But if you go that way, what is going to happen to you?"

She replied, "I don't want to talk to you about this."  And she got up and went into the private bath that was in my hospital room.

At that moment a nurse came into my room to do something to me and I called out to this woman who was in my bathroom and I said, "Don't leave until the nurse finishes with me."

But while nurse was working on me, I saw this woman "sneak" out of the bath and leave my room.

Then I knew that first "vision" I had of her disappearing was an open vision from God and was not an hallucination from all the drugs given to me for pain after the surgery.

God showed me she would disappear.

I was in rehabilitation hospital for the next 2 1/2 months.  

After that, we communicated by email and she said she was sorry she had done what she did and she said she had no "charity" toward me in what she did.

At that time, I told her God had given me a vision showing me she was going to disappear.

(I know it surprised her.)

I also told her I was glad she was gone for she had been nothing but trouble to me for 39 years and it was a relief to me that she was gone.

When a church person shows us an inability to live in truth, or hold onto truth, and is very twisted and can't get facts straight, that person cannot be of God who is the Spirit of Truth.

3 John v. 11   Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

This woman had been raised in the church and all her life had attended church but she could not hold onto truth.  

We who are of truth cannot afford to deceive ourselves about those who are twisted and cannot keep truth.

And some who attend church cannot keep truth and truth is not in them when they speak and they bring disruption and confusion to the church when they speak.

Usually these persons are not helped by us and we find we are pulled down by them.


*****