Thursday, April 8, 2021

* Be thou faithful unto the time of your own death.

Comments by Joan Boney:

As servants of God, we die each time we hear from the Holy Spirit and speak that word.  

For when we do that we lay down our lives for those who hear us speak.  And sometimes it costs us our life with those persons for they might despise that word given to us by God.  And they may depart from us when we speak that which God wants us to speak. Thus many times as we live our years as Christians, we die many times as we speak that word given us by God.

And we continue faithful witnesses as long as God chooses to leave us on this earth.

As long as we speak "that word" given by the Holy Spirit we are on solid ground.

I John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Devils masquerade as angels of light, trying to copy the Holy Spirit.

So we must be certain we are speaking that which the Holy Spirit of God wants spoken for there are other voices that will try to get us to do religious sounding things and those voices will destroy other people instead of giving life.

Be careful.

But when we speak the real word that God wants spoken we bring life to those who can hear.

We must be fully persuaded that it is God who wants us to say "that".

The apostle Paul said of himself:  "I die daily."  I Corinthians 15:31

Paul heard from the Holy Spirit and spoke by the Holy Spirit, laying down his own life by his speaking.

We must do all our works by peace and charity.  Even when we do speak.

Love for the other person is important.  And we always desire for them to come to the truth, as we have come to God's truth.

***

I have learned to trust the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

When I am with another person and the Holy Spirit reminds me of that which Jesus has said, I try to speak that word to the other person.

But if the person leaves, and then the Holy Spirit reminds me of that which Jesus has said, I know that word is for me and not for the other person.  God is keeping me by that word.


*****