Monday, April 19, 2021

* Some people want to be wise in their own thinking, or in the thinking of other humans.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

In the Bible we read:

Be not wise in thine own eyes: (Proverbs 3:7)

I want God's wisdom in the issue at hand.  To me, this is safety.  I put my trust in God for HIM to show me what to do.  That glorifies God.

Jesus said: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.  (John 5:30)

Proverbs 2:7  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of HIS mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Proverbs 21:30-31 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.
 ... safety is of the LORD.

*****