Wednesday, April 21, 2021

* Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

When we are watching television, often we will hear someone say something that we know to be opposite to the Word of God as stated by God in the Holy Bible.

It is very important for us to renew our mind to the Bible.

Recently I heard a very famous man say, "All die.  No one escapes death."

I know that statement is not true.

Immediately after I heard this man say this, I took my Bible and made a screen print of the page of scripture where Paul says, "We shall not all sleep (die),"

I Corinthians 15:51-52   Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

When Jesus returns, first the dead in Christ will be raised, then those who are still alive will be changed from this earthly physical body, and be raised from off this present earth and taken into the air to meet Jesus and those who are raised from the dead.

I Thessalonians 4:13-17 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

***

Romans 12:1-2   I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We who believe in God, must be diligent to cling to truth of the Bible.

Therefore when we hear someone on TV speak that which is contrary to Bible, it is important for us to renew our mind to the truth from the Bible.  For that which is false could go down into our heart and at some point deceive us.

Some will think this unnecessary.

But I know it is critical to do the scriptures and not just hear the scriptures.

And I know it is important to collect scriptures which are brought before us in situations such as this and put those scriptures into some form of collected file and meditate upon those scriptures as we live daily on this present earth, keeping ourselves in the Word of God.

I use my Kindle tablet photo section and make screen prints of such scriptures which I usually read daily.

The man who said the lie of the world was Ernest Hemingway.

A three part series of his life appeared on PBS and I recorded it.  I watched some of Episode 1, but felt it best to stop watching when he divorced his first wife and married a second wife, which is adultery according to the Bible. And then married a third wife. 

Matthew 5:32  Jesus said:  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mark 10:11-12  And HE (Jesus) saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

(Even the unsaved of this world bring destruction upon themselves if they go against scripture.)

I only watched part of Episode 1, but as they praised Hemingway, I found myself saying, "But Hemingway committed suicide."  (He did not overcome but was overcome.)

Several times I said this.

I deleted Episode 2, but I watched some of Episode 3, wanting to hear their report of Hemingway's suicide.

I just kept thinking of how you can have all that fame and glory of men and destroy yourself and lose everything.

Matthew 16:26 Jesus says: For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

It is important for us to guard our own hearts with all diligence, uprooting the sayings of this world and wisdom of this world, and clinging to the truth of the Word of God in the Bible.

Also I was reminded of the following:

God says:  I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.  (Joshua 1:5 & Hebrews 13:5)

And God gives us a "sound mind", when we follow HIM.

II Timothy 1:7   For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


*****