Saturday, April 17, 2021

* God says: I will give you a mouth and wisdom which none of your adversaries will be able to gainsay nor resist.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

When we follow the Spirit of God, HE will call to our mind that which God wants spoken.  We simply learn to yield to the Holy Spirit and speak as we are led by HIM.

I was visiting with my favorite aunt when I heard this from the Holy Spirit:  "Tell her about being taken into heaven."

I certainly didn't want to do that!

She was a Church of Christ member all her life.  The Church of Christ are usually not people that you tell supernatural spiritual stories!

But I believed it was the Holy Spirit telling me to tell that story, so I yielded to the Holy Spirit and told the story.

I said:  Aunt Ardath, shortly after I was born again something happened to me.  I was asleep in the night and I was "transported" into heaven.  I was with God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  (I saw no physical images.  It was an experience in the spirit.)  At that time, I was "merged " into the body of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.  And a few nights later the exact same thing happened to me again.

As I spoke I noticed a "dreamy" look come on my aunt's face and then she said, "Something like that happened to me once, and it was all golden."

This might have been the only time she ever told anyone this.  

We both rejoiced.

***

Our neighbor is a tennis coach.

I had ordered tennis wristbands to help support my 2 broken wrists when I type.

She came in my bedroom to "visit" with me and I asked her do you know what these are?  I pointed to my bright colored wrist bands which have bands of 4 bright colors on each band.

She said, "Tennis wrist bands?"  And then she said, "Does that mean you support gays and lesbians?"

I was shocked.  I replied, "No ... I don't think so."

Two days later, I sent to her a letter showing several scriptures concerning homosexuals and lesbians and explaining to her this was God's view of homosexuals and lesbians and therefore also my view.

Genesis 13:12-13 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.  But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.


Genesis 19    (The men of Sodom were homosexuals "in every quarter".  God sent 2 angels to destroy Sodom.)

1  And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

The angels removed Lot from Sodom before they destroyed Sodom and all the people of Sodom with fire and brimstone.


Romans 1:26-28  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;


We have not heard from our neighbor since I sent the scriptures to her.

No matter. For it was the Holy Spirit of God showing me to send these scriptures.

If the unbeliever depart, let him depart.

Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers.  (2 Corinthians 6)


*****