Monday, July 24, 2023

Podcast: The children of Israel come into Egypt to buy corn

 
 
 
Genesis 41:56-57  

56 And the famine was over all the face of the earth: and Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold unto the Egyptians; and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt.

57 And all countries came into Egypt to Joseph for to buy corn; because that the famine was so sore in all lands.

God showed Joseph what to do and put Joseph in a position to do what God showed him.  By God came provision for many people and kept families alive on the earth, including the 12 tribes of Israel.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Genesis 42  (The lst trip into Egypt to buy corn)

1 Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another?

2 And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live, and not die.

3 And Joseph's ten brethren went down to buy corn in Egypt.

4 But Benjamin, Joseph's brother, Jacob sent not with his brethren; for he said, Lest peradventure mischief befall him.

5 And the sons of Israel came to buy corn among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Joseph recognized his brothers but the brothers did not recognize Joseph.

I Corinthians 10

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In each trial of this life, God makes a way of escape for HIS elect.

I've been in situations where I had no idea what to do.  I just kept calling on God for help.  And eventually the Word came from God showing me the real situation.

In one problem, I was dealing with a church woman and it got terribly difficult for me and then God reminded me that before I was born again there were 3 devils living in me and I would be as bad as she was now except for the fact that God delivered me and cast those devils out of me.

Then I realized the woman I was dealing with had devils living inside of her and they were causing the problem.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Jesus says:  Mk. 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In MY name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

(So I cast the devils out of that church woman, in the name of Jesus.)

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, HE was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God knows the truth and the real source of the problem we are having in this life.  As we seek God with all our heart, God reveals the truth to us.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The second time the children came into Egypt, Joseph revealed himself to them.  Benjamin, Joseph's brother was with them this time.  Joseph knew they were his brothers, the children of his father Israel (Jacob), but the brothers did not yet know it was Joseph they were dealing with.

They took corn and started back to the land of their father Israel.

Joseph sent his men to catch them and search their sacks and they found Joseph's silver cup in the bag belonging to Benjamin. This was done to get the brothers back to Joseph and he, Joseph is going to reveal the truth to his brothers that he is Joseph the brother they sold into slavery. 

Genesis 45

3 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.  (They are the ones who had sold Joseph into slavery.)

4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.

6 For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest.

7 And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and HE hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

They meant it for evil but God turned it for good.

So it is for us today.

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

At end of Podcast:  (Music:  Beethoven, 5th symphony, Movement No.2,   Wiener Philharmoniker,  Wilhelm FurtwΓ€ngler, conductor,  1954, Vienna)
 
 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯