Monday, July 24, 2023

πŸ’₯ Joseph reveals himself to his brothers.


Joseph was 17 years old when his brothers sold him into bondage and he was taken as a slave down into Egypt and sold to the captain of Pharaoh's guard, Potipher.

Genesis 39

1 And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.

2 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.

3 And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.

Potiphar's wife sought to have sex with Joseph.  But Joseph said: There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?   (Gen. 39:9)

As Joseph fled, Potiphar's wife caught the garment of Joseph and pulled it from him and told the men of the house that Joseph tried to have sex with her.  When her husband came home she told him that Joseph tried to have sex with her.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Potiphar was very angry and put Joseph in the dungeon.  But God gave Joseph favor and caused the keeper of the prison to know that God caused everything Joseph touched to prosper.  So the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of the men in the prison.

Pharaoh had two dreams.  None of his magicians could tell Pharaoh what those dreams mean.  The chief butler had been in the prison and Joseph had correctly interpreted dream of the chief bulter and the chief baker and he told Pharaoh Joseph could interpret Pharaoh's dreams.

So Pharaoh sent for Joseph immediately and he was brought to Pharaoh from the prison.

God showed Joseph the meaning of Pharaoh's dreams:  There would be 7 years of plenty followed by 7 years of dearth and famine.  

God also gave Joseph the wisdom of how to deal with this problem.  Joseph said to store a portion of the corn of Egypt during the 7 good years and use that corn to sustain life during the 7 years of famine.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The famine was all over the earth.

People from all countries came to Egypt to buy corn and Joseph was in charge of selling that corn.

God caused Joseph to prosper everywhere he was!  And that is the same with us today when we are the called of God, the elect of God.

It is explained for us in this scripture:  

Joshua 1

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

(Be strong and do the New Testament Bible and believe the valid promises of God in the Old Testament.)

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Joseph's brothers are sent into Egypt to buy corn to feed the children of Israel who live in Canaan.  

They are sent to Joseph who is in charge of the sale of corn.  They bow down before Joseph as God said they would do in Genesis 37.  And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more. 6 And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed: 7 For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf. 8 And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

Now the brothers (except for Benjamin) are down in Egypt to buy corn and they have bowed themselves before the man in Egypt in charge of selling the corn but they do not know this man is Joseph, their brother that they sold into slavery.

God makes a way for us to fulfill HIS will even when there is no way!

We will when we serve God and follow the instructions given by God by HIS Holy Spirit.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

They do not know it is Joseph, but Joseph knows these are his brothers, the children of Israel.

The younger brother, Benjamin, is kept in Canaan and not allowed to go into Egypt with his brothers to buy corn.

Benjamin is the child of Rachel, the love of Jacob's life, as is Joseph whom his father thinks to be dead.

Joseph wants to see Benjamin so he devises a plan to force them to bring Benjamin into Egypt.

And when they make the 2nd trip into Egypt to buy corn, Benjamin is with them.

At some point in this trip, Joseph reveals to the brothers that he is Joseph whom they sold to the Ishmaelites who brought him into Egypt.  Joseph is second onto to Pharaoh.  God caused Joseph to rise to the top of the kingdom of Egypt.

So do we rise as God causes us to rise to the top of places in this present world.

God is in control.  You must have faith to believe that.  These OT examples are given to us to cause our faith in God to increase.

Genesis 45
 
1 Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all them that stood by him; and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren.

2 And he wept aloud: and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard.

3 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence.

4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.

6 For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest.

7 And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.

8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

9 Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith thy son Joseph, God hath made me lord of all Egypt: come down unto me, tarry not:

10 And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be near unto me, thou, and thy children, and thy children's children, and thy flocks, and thy herds, and all that thou hast:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Comments by Joan Boney)  

Word of Knowledge ... I have just seen an open vision of a very large pre-historic type serpent dragon with a woman 1/2 into it's mouth up to her waist, eating her alive.

I Peter 5

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith

Open vision:  He just swallowed her and is licking his lips.  At the end of the vision, I saw the tip of his tail wagging from side to side.

God gives me open visions, I see these visions outlined on the wall, and I told you in a previous writing concerning open vision that I would begin sharing these with you. 

Wake up ... be alert.  The devil as a roaring lion walketh about seeking whom he may devour.

It is the end time in which we now live.  (Can't you tell by the TV news?)

There's nothing I can do for this woman whom I know personally.

A few open visions given by God in past:

* September, 2022 ... Pam Padgett was diagnosed with advanced bladder cancer.  (I had an open vision which I thought pertained to Pam.)  On the wall I saw outline of a mass / fist-size wads of clumps.  With a loud "whoosh" it imploded on itself and disappeared.  Dec. 2022-Jan. 2023, Pam had chemo/radiation treatments.  April 2023 she was examined by 2 forms of examinations by cancer doctors.  There was no cancer.  The cancer in Pam was simply gone!  (Then I knew the open vision I had 7 months earlier was from God.)

* 2012 ... A young man who installed sound equipment for me had been diagnosed in 2010 as having ALS.  I was given an open vision of David.  I saw it outlined on my theatre room wall.  David was on a golf course.  He was waving for us to come join him there.  It was great.  David was totally paralyzed at the time I had this vision. A man from David's church group came to visit me.  I told him of the vision.  He said, "Don't you think this means David will be healed."  I replied: "David is dying.  But his spiritual condition is excellent."  David died two or three days after God gave me this vision.  I sent word to his wife and 2 children that I had a vision of David and his spiritual condition was excellent and I told her what I saw in that vision.

Only recently did I realize that I could share with you visions when God gives visions to me.  If I have a vision when I'm writing on the blog, I will just put it at the end of the writing.  If God gives me a vision while I am recording Podcast, I will record it for you.

Joan Boney
7-23-23
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯




5N
r