Thursday, July 13, 2023

Podcast: The children of God: The elect of God called by God

 

 
Throughout the Bible we see the Old Testament having relevance to the New Testament as we see in this passage of scripture.

Romans 9

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.  

(Ishmael is the child of the flesh by the will of humans, by Abraham and Hagar. But Isaac was the child of the promise of God to Abraham and Sarah.  Not by the will of man but by the will of God.)

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.

(Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90.)  "Is anything too hard for God?"  Genesis 18

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of HIM that calleth;)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For HE (God) saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

There is an elect of God, a called of God, today in the New Testament Church.  Paul is an example of the elect of God.

Paul had been persecuting the followers of Jesus and this happened to Paul.

Acts 26    (Paul explains to king Agrippa)

4 My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation at Jerusalem, know all the Jews; 5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.

6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:

7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.  11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities. 12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou ME? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord?

And HE said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in ME.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

Paul was instantly changed when Jesus spoke to HIM.  We, too, are instantly changed when Jesus speaks to us making us to be "born again."  We are given a new heart and a new Spirit so now we can follow God and obey the Word God speaks to us!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We are the elect of God, chosen of God, children of the promise given to Abraham.  For in Abraham God blesses all nations:  Jews and Gentiles

Genesis 12

1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.  (Jews and Gentiles)

4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ephesians 4  (The New Testament Church)

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore HE (Jesus) saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

11 And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯