Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Podcast: Jesus, THE PROPHET

 

 
 
Jesus said:

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A man can no nothing except that which he hears from God.

As servants appointed by Jesus for the New Testament church, we simply hear from God and speak that which God gives us and do that which God shows us to do.  

Our pattern is that which Jesus said of HIMSELF in the above scripture.

God trained me to do the work of a prophet by taking me to each scripture concerning prophets in both the Old Testament and New Testament, showing me these examples of prophets, starting with John 5:30 and what Jesus said of HIMSELF.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I can of mine own self do nothing:

We do not try to see.  We read the Bible and God teaches us, opening our eyes by HIS will.  From time to time, God gives us a word and by that word we act by faith in the place God has put us.

My first experience with this came when I was a new Christian and was attending a prayer group in my neighborhood at the house of one of my neighbors.  There were about 10 women in the group.

One day, as the women were praying, I heard:  "Look up."

I opened my eyes and looked up and I saw an outline on the wall.  It was a stomach.

When the women quit praying, I asked? "Does someone have a stomach problem?"

One woman excitedly said:  "I do!  I do!"

After that, God would often give me "a word of knowledge"  when I attended the Sunday school class at the church I was attending at that time.  Our teacher always asked, "Does anyone have a word from the Lord?"  And we were free to share at that time if God had shown us something.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Spiritual gifts:

I Corinthians 12

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God taught me about the Holy Spirit and the work done by the Holy Spirit through us.

John 14:26   Jesus said:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 HE shall glorify ME (says Jesus): for HE shall receive of MINE, and shall shew it unto you.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Ways the Holy Spirit speaks to us:

* HE reminds us of a scripture or brings us a word from God and we learn to yield to the Holy Spirit, sharing by faith that which we have heard from the Holy Spirit:

Examples:

* Holy Spirit said to me as I was visiting with my aunt:  "Tell her about being taken into heaven."  So I yielded to that which the Holy Spirit said and shared this with my aunt.
* On golf course, a Methodist woman began to complain about people who judge other people and Holy Spirit gave me the following word which I spoke:  "If you judge someone is judging, aren't you judging?"
* As I am considering putting new upholstery on my 25-year-old car, Holy Spirit brought this option to my mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."
* A man went into his back yard and saw all the stuff in his storage building and began to consider putting up a second storage building and Holy Spirit said to him:  "Or you could just get rid of the stuff."

The Holy Spirit does not make us do anything.  He does not make us speak anything.  He shows us the will of God in the matter at hand.  We learn to yield to Holy Spirit speaking that which we believe God wants spoken and choosing to do that which God shows us in the situation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

* The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to show us the will of God:

I Corinthians 2

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love HIM.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In the New Testament Church, the Holy Spirit lives in each child of God to teach him and guide him on this present earth.

I Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Each person who is born again by God has the Holy Spirit in him but some are called by God and set into the church to care for the church as ministers of God.

I Corinthians 12

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After Jesus was crucified and taken into heaven, HE establishes the NT church from heaven, calling some to be HIS ministers to work in the church.

Ephesians 4

11 And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

John 15:16  Jesus says:  Ye have not chosen ME, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:

Jesus calls us to the ministry and ordains us, teaching us also as HE wills for the work to which we are called.

We do not put ourselves into the ministry by our own desire.  We must be called by Jesus for the work of the ministry.

But the apostle Peter warns us that there are false prophets and false teachers who are not called by God but put themselves into the ministry.

II Peter 2

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

They say "Jesus is Lord", but they do not follow the Spirit of God for they do not have the Spirit of God.  They put themselves into the ministries by their own will and they execute the work by their own way of thinking.

Jesus warns:

Matthew 24

4 Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in MY name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯