Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Podcast: Uzziah reigns over Judah. (2 Chronicles 26)

 

 
 
II Chronicles 26

1 Then all the people of Judah took Uzziah, who was sixteen years old, and made him king in the room of his father Amaziah.

2 He built Eloth, and restored it to Judah, after that the king slept with his fathers.

3 Sixteen years old was Uzziah when he began to reign, and he reigned fifty and two years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Jecoliah of Jerusalem.

4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.

5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.

And so it is with all who belong to God.  As long as we seek the Lord, God causes us to prosper.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The downfall of Uzziah:

II Chronicles 26

15 And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong.

16 But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.

17 And Azariah the priest went in after him, and with him fourscore priests of the LORD, that were valiant men:

18 And they withstood Uzziah the king, and said unto him, It appertaineth not unto thee, Uzziah, to burn incense unto the LORD, but to the priests the sons of Aaron, that are consecrated to burn incense: go out of the sanctuary; for thou hast trespassed; neither shall it be for thine honour from the LORD God.

Only those persons who are assigned by God and called by Jesus can do the things of the ministry.

19 Then Uzziah was wroth, and had a censer in his hand to burn incense: and while he was wroth with the priests, the leprosy even rose up in his forehead before the priests in the house of the LORD, from beside the incense altar.

20 And Azariah the chief priest, and all the priests, looked upon him, and, behold, he was leprous in his forehead, and they thrust him out from thence; yea, himself hasted also to go out, because the LORD had smitten him.

21 And Uzziah the king was a leper unto the day of his death, and dwelt in a several house, being a leper; for he was cut off from the house of the LORD: and Jotham his son was over the king's house, judging the people of the land.

22 Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

23 So Uzziah slept with his fathers, and they buried him with his fathers in the field of the burial which belonged to the kings; for they said, He is a leper: and Jotham his son reigned in his stead.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus, from heaven Jesus established the New Testament church:

Ministers are called by Jesus today and set into the ministries to which they are assigned by Jesus from heaven and they are taught by Jesus from heaven by HIS Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4

8  Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

11-12  And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

From heaven, Jesus gives to the NT church, the following ministry offices:  apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher

Jesus calls these NT ministers from heaven and Jesus teaches HIS ministers by HIS Holy Spirit.

Paul is an example of a NT minister called by Jesus and taught by Jesus.

Acts 26

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

(Notice that Jesus called Saul by name.  Later he was called Paul.)

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? 

And HE said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16  But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

Jesus then taught Paul from heaven.

Galatians 1  (Paul says:)

11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

16-19 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and bloodNeither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto DamascusThen after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.  But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

On August 5, 1975, God said to me:  "Joan ... you know these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

A few nights later, I was asleep in the night when I was transported into heaven.  I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.  (no physical images it was a spiritual experience)  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.

A few nights later the exact same thing happened again.

Two ordinations by God and Jesus for the two ministries of apostle and prophet to which I was called.

From 1975 to 1980, I stayed home at my apartment and read the Bible, God through the Holy Spirit teaching me scriptures.  (I attended 3 churches during this time but my teaching of the scriptures was coming through Holy Spirit as I read the Bible during these years.)

Details on this podcast.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯