Wednesday, April 29, 2020

* Ephesians 4:21



If so be that ye have heard HIM, and have been taught by HIM, as the truth is in Jesus:


***


Comments by Joan Boney;

The "truth" is in that word God speaks to us by HIS Spirit.

You ask yourself,  "Has God told me anything about this virus?"

If so, that is important for you and perhaps for the church.

I am persuaded that if we need to know something, God tells us by a word brought to our minds by the Holy Spirit, or by a dream, or by a vision, or by an angel of God.

Although I check news headlines on many days, I don't really believe the truth is in what men say whether it is government or news broadcasters.   I don't say they always intend to lie, but wisdom of humans is often learned from other humans, and that wisdom may or may not be right.  When  I do hear news casts, I can tell the medical doctors really don't know what is happening.  They may be right or they may not be right.

The truth is in Jesus, the word that comes to us from God.

God's wisdom is "pure" ... without bias ... James 3:17

This certainly seems like a major event and yet I can't say for sure that God has told me to do anything other than to sell all excess sound equipment, which we have done, and to lower the price of the ministry house in Texas where I once lived, which we did and it sold, closing set for May 15.  

We can only do that which we believe God has shown us to do.

I did have a dream a few weeks before the virus story broke. It might pertain to this virus. In that dream, Pam Padgett and I were standing watching a "house" burn.  We weren't afraid.  We weren't threatened.  We were just observing.

I think we are like Abraham, in the following scripture:

Hebrews 11

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 

(Abraham heard from God to go out and Abraham obeyed, not know where he was going but after he went out, God comforted Abraham and spoke to him from time to time and led him.  And Abraham believed that which God spoke to him.)

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

This virus is certainly a peculiar situation and something I haven't seen in my life time of 82 years.  I don't go out, for there is no real reason for me to go anywhere.  Our food is mostly delivered to the house.  Pam Padgett sometimes goes to drive through window to pick up our dinner.  But I was already living that way before the virus surfaced.

Many years ago, I was in Paris.  It was so peaceful there.  Then I realized the reason it was peaceful was because I couldn't understand the French language!

I find peace when I read the Bible.

Isaiah 26  

3 THOU wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE.

4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:


***

You might make a habit of reading Psalms.  I find a great deal of peace in reading the Psalms . Also these verses comfort me and assure me that God cares for HIS people as long as HE continues to leave us on this earth.

The only thing important for us is believing in God and in believing in that Word which God brings to our mind.

We fix our attention on that Word.  

That Word from God is our life... and that Word is truth.

This is as a "foreign land" to us.  We are just travelling through.

I Timothy 6:8   And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

*****