Thursday, April 30, 2020

* Psalm 62:5-8;11


5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.

6 He only is my rock and my salvation: HE is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

8 Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us.

11 Power belongeth unto God.


***

(Comments by Joan Boney)

When a physical problem strikes my body, I usually just remain very still, waiting to see what will happen.  I believe my trust is in God.  "Do as YOU will."

In April 2020, a very severe pain struck my left knee.  (I am 82 now)

It was all of a sudden, without provocation of any injury. I had no idea what was wrong.  I just remained very still.  I asked Pam Padgett to bring me a cane.  (It was so bad I could hardly get to the porta-potty which sits a few inches from my chair.)  

The pain continued this way for several days.  I'm sure, at one point, I asked God what I was to do.  If I can't walk with a walker, I can't live at Pam's house.  I would have to go into assisted living.

Then the pain stopped after about 6 days.

Sometimes you just wait on God.

(Sometimes God will lead me to go to a doctor but usually physical things just go away.)



*****