Friday, April 10, 2020

* A warning:


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Proverbs 19:27   Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.


***

Many people, even those who say they are Christians, speak wisdom of their own thinking which conflicts with scripture.

For example:  The apostle Paul told us not all will die but some will still be living when Jesus returns.  These will be taken out by God and will not see that death which is normal.  (I Corinthians 15)

So we know not all will see death.  But often humans say, "All die."

When I hear such things spoken, I tell that person what Paul says about this in Bible.


***

During this Coronavirus period, newscasters often say we must follow "the science."

But I always remember how Paul warned Timothy about following science.

I Timothy 6:20   O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 

Also I realize these newscasters are often trying to strike out against President Trump in their statements.

These people do show they want to appear wise to other people.


***

There is a woman I went to dinner with who said she was a Catholic.  

(Actually she never really identified herself as a Christian but she seemed to like to be around me from time to time and I would go with her to dinner.)

But this woman loved to speak wisdom from her own thinking.  

Sometimes we would ride along in her car and she would "spout" out her wisdoms and I would just stare at her.  After awhile, she would back down, saying, "Maybe I'm wrong."  This satisfied me and I would stop staring at her.

Finally I decided this woman didn't really care about the truth, and when I decided that, I just left her alone.

***

For people who do not care about the truth:

II Thessalonians 2 

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.


We must love the truth.

*****