Thursday, May 18, 2017

Verses from Isaiah


Isaiah 5  

22-23   Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!  Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.


Isaiah  8

11    For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people


13   Sanctify the LORD of hosts HIMSELF; and let HIM be your fear, and let HIM be your dread.


22   And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.





Isaiah 9

16   For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.



II Thess. 2   (antichrist in the churches) ... And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of HIS mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of HIS coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.




Isaiah 9

19   Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.





Isaiah 13

6-11   Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.


13   Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of HIS fierce anger.


*****

(Comments by Joan Boney)

God gave me the following dream about this:  The earth slipped on it's axis.  People were terrified.  The government leaders were meeting with the scientists and with religious leaders to see what could be done.  A TV newscaster was trying to give the news about this but he was so frightened he just stopped speaking in the middle of the news broadcast.


*****


Isaiah 24  


(This entire chapter pertains to The Day of the Lord ... The Wrath of God which comes at the end of this present heaven and earth ... The great tribulation.)

1-23   Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

(Everyone on earth will be affected in the Day of the Lord and the Wrath of God upon this earth.  See: Revelation 8-16)

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.

They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.

The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth. And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited (judged).

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.




Isaiah 29 

6   Thou shalt be visited  (judged) of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.


13-15   Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near ME with their mouth, and with their lips do honour ME, but have removed their heart far from ME, and their fear toward ME is taught by the precept of men:  Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.  Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?


19-21   The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off: That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.



Isaiah 30 

1   Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of ME; and that cover with a covering, but not of MY spirit, that they may add sin to sin:


9-10   That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

12-13    Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:  Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant. 

15   For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.


18   ... for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for HIM.




Isaiah 31 

1   Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!

3   Now the Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses flesh, and not spirit. When the LORD shall stretch out HIS hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and he that is holpen shall fall down, and they all shall fail together.

6-7   Turn ye unto HIM from whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted. For in that day every man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your own hands have made unto you for a sin.




Isaiah 32  

17-18   And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.  And MY people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;


Isaiah 33 

5-6   The LORD is exalted; for HE dwelleth on high: HE hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.  And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

10   Now will I rise, saith the LORD; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up MYSELF.

22   For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; HE will save us.


Isaiah 34 

2   For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and HIS fury upon all their armies: HE hath utterly destroyed them, HE hath delivered them to the slaughter.

4   And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

6   The sword of the LORD is filled with blood


(8-9)   For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.



Isaiah 35 

4   Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; HE will come and save you.

8   And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

10   And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.


*****




Here are some notable scripture in Isaiah which greatly encourage us.



Isaiah 25

8-9   He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of HIS people shall HE take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for HIM, and HE will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for HIM, we will be glad and rejoice in HIS salvation.


Isaiah 26

3-4   Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE.  Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:


Isaiah 27

13   And it shall come to pass in that day, that the great trumpet shall be blown, and they shall come which were ready to perish


Isaiah 28 

5-6   In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of HIS people, And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.

9   Whom shall HE teach knowledge? and whom shall HE make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.



Isaiah 40

3-5   Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

8   The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

30-31   Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.



Isaiah 41

9-10   Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of MY righteousness.

11   Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

Isaiah 42

9   Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

16   And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah 43

1-2   But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art MINE.

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

  Even every one that is called by MY name: for I have created him for MY glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

10-11   Ye are MY witnesses, saith the LORD, and MY servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe ME, and understand that I am HE: before ME there was no God formed, neither shall there be after ME.

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside ME there is no saviour.

13   Yea, before the day was I am HE; and there is none that can deliver out of MY hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

16   Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;

18-19   Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

21   This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

25   I, even I, am HE that blotteth out thy transgressions for MINE own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 44

  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

  Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even MY witnesses. Is there a God beside ME? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

21-22   Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art MY servant: I have formed thee; thou art MY servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of ME.  I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto ME; for I have redeemed thee.

24-26   Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and HE that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;

That confirmeth the word of HIS servant, and performeth the counsel of HIS messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

Isaiah 45

2-3   I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

13   I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build MY city, and he shall let go MY captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

22   Look unto ME, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

24-25   Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Isaiah 46

4   And even to your old age I am HE; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

9-10   Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like ME,
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, MY counsel shall stand, and I will do all MY pleasure:

11   ... yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Isaiah 47

4   As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is HIS name, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 48

  I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.

5   I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them.

15   I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.

17   Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 49

2-3   And HE hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of HIS hand hath HE hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in HIS quiver hath HE hid me;

And said unto me, Thou art MY servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

10   They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for HE that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall HE guide them.

14-17   But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and MY Lord hath forgotten me.

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of MY hands; thy walls are continually before me. Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.

23   ... they shall not be ashamed that wait for ME.

25   But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

Isaiah 50

  The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: HE wakeneth morning by morning, HE wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

7-8   For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

HE is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

10   Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.

Isaiah 51

3   For the LORD shall comfort Zion: HE will comfort all her waste places; and HE will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

6  Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but MY salvation shall be for ever, and MY righteousness shall not be abolished.

7-8   Hearken unto ME, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is MY law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.  For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but MY righteousness shall be for ever, and MY salvation from generation to generation.

11   Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

12-13   I, even I, am HE that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

15-16   But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is HIS name.  And I have put MY words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of MINE hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art MY people.

Isaiah 52

1   Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

7   How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

11-12   Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD. For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

13   Behold, MY servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

Isaiah 54

10   For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but MY kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of MY peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

13-15   And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.  In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by ME: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

17   No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 55

2-3  Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto ME, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Incline your ear, and come unto ME: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

7-13   Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and HE will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for HE will abundantly pardon.

For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways, and MY thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:  So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 57

1   The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Isaiah 58

  Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew MY people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

Isaiah 60

19   The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

Isaiah 61

7-8   For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.

For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Isaiah 62

 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

12   And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.

Isaiah 63

  For the day of vengeance is in MINE heart, and the year of MY redeemed is come.

6   And I will tread down the people in MINE anger, and make them drunk in MY fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

Isaiah 65

17-18   For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

21-24   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.  They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of MY people, and MINE elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65

  Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at HIS word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for MY name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

9   Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

15-16   For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with HIS chariots like a whirlwind, to render HIS anger with fury, and HIS rebuke with flames of fire. For by fire and by HIS sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.