Friday, May 26, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback





Volume 6 ... #8
Helped By God By The Holy Spirit Of God


Jesus said the Holy Spirit is a comforter, a teacher of all things, a helper as we live on this earth.

The Holy Spirit brings thoughts to our mind showing us the way for us to go on this earth, helping us in time of need.

An example:  In 2016, I injured my back from sitting on an old, worn our chair while watching TV.  I knew the back would get better with time and rest but I also knew I had to get rid of that old furniture which was causing the problem.  I had tried several times to replace the cushions only to find problems with the replacements.  Finally I came to position of knowing to replace the chairs.

The injured back "required" that I lie down and watch TV until the back healed.

I had made plans for my cleaning woman to remove the old sofa and to find a person in need who wanted the sofa.  I had ordered a new sofa which would not be in for 8 weeks.  During that time I would have no sofa upon which to lie down.  This concerned me because of my back injury.

The night before the sofa was to be picked up, a "light" went on in my head.   

I could cancel the plans to have the old sofa removed and use the old sofa until the new sofa was delivered then have the old sofa picked up after the new sofa was delivered and set in place!

I had no doubt that was the Holy Spirit showing me what to do.  I called immediately and cancelled the men who were going to pick up the old sofa!


I marveled at the simplicity of this plan.

Some people would say they thought of this but I knew I hadn't thought of doing this.

It was the Holy Spirit helping me on this earth!  That is what the Holy Spirit does for us as we live here.