Sunday, May 21, 2017

Serving their gods ... Trusting in their gods


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

This past week, there was a loud, forceful pounding on my front door.

I usually don't answer knocks on door unless I am expecting a visitor to my house.  But this time it seemed different.  Perhaps because the knock was so unusually forceful and urgent.

I did go to door. 

A young man was there with a clipboard, as if he was "official".

He held out his hand for me to shake hands.  I did not shake hands.  He finally removed his extended hand.

I asked what he wanted.

He said he had been working at my neighbor's house.  He couldn't recall the name where he was working so he looked at his clip board and apparently found the name of the neighbor and stated it.

That name meant nothing to me. 

I asked him what he wanted.

He hesitated, but then began saying he was installing security systems.

I interrupted him and told him I am not interested in security systems.

I said something to the effect that I want my security to be in God.

I told him I'm never away from home and if anyone broke in they would have to kill me and that would be alright too!

He seemed a little disoriented and walked away without another word and I closed door.

After that, I was sorry I had answered the door.

Then I realized maybe God wanted me to answer door and say those things.

People trust in all manner of things.

I had been very involved in the book of Psalms and had just been focused on a Psalm concerning not making man your trust when this young man knocked on my door.

I don't want to trust in man and his ways.

This past week, I received notice of both my car and house insurance.  I was amazed at how much both policies have increased over the previous year.  By law, I have to get liability insurance for my car, but I don't have to insure the house.  I had been talking to God about this.  I called insurance company and told them how I wanted to reduce the cost of the house.  Later the agent called me and said he could reduce it by $600.  To me that is more reasonable.

Do I have faith not to insure the house?

It is all a matter of faith.

All these things are directed at making us afraid of what can happen to us on this earth so we will serve their gods.

(Medical things are like that too.)

I didn't brag that God will protect me.  I just want God to be my trust, the ONE I trust in and not man and his wisdom and schemes.  (I hate the things of this world that would cause us to trust in man.)

Later I was thinking of the statement of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego:

Daniel 3

17-18   If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

This is the purpose in my heart also.  I do not want to serve their gods and trust in their gods, looking to man for my safety.