Wednesday, May 24, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 6 ... # 6
Must Not Sell Our Birthright For A "Morsel" Of Bread


In 2016, I purchased a new sofa, a nice leather.

That same day, my cat was sitting on the sofa and I moved something and it frightened her.  She flew off the sofa.  I thought nothing about it.

Later my cleaning woman said there was damage to one of the sofa cushions on the sofa.  I saw immediately it was caused by my cat's back claws and I realized what had happened.  When she flew off the sofa she launched herself by her back claws which is automatic for cats.

Later that same day, a problem arose with the automatic lifts on the sofa.  It appeared they might have to change out the sofa for another one.

Immediately, I said, "We need to pray they don't see the small mark my cat made."  (Then they might not change the sofa.)

I saw at once I would be going off into darkness if I tried to hide this damage.  It would be defrauding the company who sold the sofa.  And even if they did not notice the problem, a customer might purchase the item later and get it home and notice the problem and I would be guilty of defrauding the customer.  (To deceive another would not be acting in love toward that other person.)



*****
I Thess. 4:6-7 ... That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

*****

This would be like selling your soul for the price of the sofa!

I thought of Esau who sold his birthright for a morsel of food.

Heb. 12 ... Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:  Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;  Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.


*****

Is your soul worth that money?  How much does one trade for his soul?  A thousand dollars?  Two thousand dollars?  $100,000 dollars?  A million dollars?


Is it really worth it? 

I checked about leather repair in Lubbock and believe I will be able to find someone who repairs leather car seats who will repair the sofa.

But I must not defraud anyone as my flesh would have liked to do.

Revelation 22 ...  14 Blessed are they that do HIS commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 


*****

I Cor. 6 ... Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

***** 

Love does no wrong to his fellow man.

How can we who preach Jesus deceive another for gain?

We choose to live honestly before all, keeping our flesh crucified with Christ (dead with Christ), not allowing our flesh to rule in the situations of life.

I Cor. 10 ...There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, WHO will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.